Tuesday 1 May 2018

THE GOOD NEWS MAGAZINE 52nd EDITION

WEAK BUT STRONG -  By Justus Ondieki

We are glad to share with you our 52nd Edition of the Good News Magazine. Have you ever heard people say, “I'm only a weak human” and “I don't have strength or vigor to do this anymore?” I am sure you may have heard that. I have said that often and when I look at some of my friends doing so well in the things which I said I couldn't do it makes me reflect on 'why' I couldn't do it then.
However, there are so many people in the Bible that felt weak and yet through their weakness they glorified God. Moses was such a good example. God gave him a task to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt but look what he said to God in Exodus 4:10, “And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue”.

Moses' big issue to him was that he didn't know how to speak well, he could stutter all the time. But what seemed impossible with him God made it possible. Although he was weak, God made him strong enough to deliver His people. God sometimes makes choice of those as His messengers, who have the least of the advantages of art or nature, that His grace in them may appear the more glorious. Even Christ's disciples were no orators, till the Holy Spirit made them such. They became powerful vessels which God used to reach out the world with the Good News message.
Sometimes people might look at us as weak people, yes they may be right but our God always makes us strong in such times. We may appear weak but our strength is drawn from the Lord. David, was despised by Goliath...Click HERE to continue reading The Good News Magazine

Click HERE to follow us on TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment